Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Look Alikes

I finally got Peyton to be happy enough this morning to take a few pictures. She is 5 weeks old now and just gave us her first "real", social smile yesterday. I managed to catch one of her smiling this morning. When I uploaded it to the computer, it looked oddly familiar. I searched through my old photos and found what I was remembering... Can you tell which baby is which???


















Definitely sisters, I'd say. :) The dimple on Peyton (bottom) is a dead give away but otherwise...

Ellie is so much fun. She goes to kindergarten (preschool here) 3 days a week from 9-12. She LOVES it and every time I pick her up declares, "I want to go to kindergarten some MORE!" Haha... She has two teachers, one who speaks English to the kids and one who speaks German. It's great... except that Ellie now speaks more German than I do! She loves her friends at school and tells me all about them on the drive home. Sophie, apparently, ALWAYS cries... ;)

Ellie is SUCH a girl. She has always been obsessed with shoes but now it's clothes as well. She changes her outfit at LEAST 5 times a day and has to find a pair of shoes that "match perfectly!!!" She also loves mommy's boots. She somehow manages to tromp around in them without falling over. Gotta love the thigh-highs!!!




















Whenever we're just hanging out at the house, though, Ellie wants to be "just like Daddy!" and is usually in basketball shorts and no shirt... Just like Daddy.



















We went to Disney on Ice's Finding Nemo on Saturday for Valentine's Day. Ellie was in HEAVEN, even if it was in German.
















On the way home from the show at the O2 Arena (where Casey plays), Ellie announced that she wanted to go to "Old MacDonald's [what she calls McDonalds] for cheese and boogers!" Casey and I about died laughing...

I love my family!!! We are so blessed...

8 comments:

  1. Those two little girls are identical!! How cute! Im so glad you have a blog now!! WE miss you guys:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt, I have been checking this blog EVERY day since the day you started it, just waiting for the next update...and I got it! Oh, they are darling, and your stories about Ellie are HILARIOUS...and my, do they ever sound familiar! You sound so happy, and that just makes me so glad. Enjoy those beautiful baby girls. Miss you so much. Can't wait til we can catch up and talk mommy-talk again sometime soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! We are so happy for you and know the great joy that comes with a new baby.So sorry you had to go through so much at the birth. She is beautiful. They do look a lot alike. They could not be cuter but look at the parents. Love you blog. Just a little suggestion. A little bit of plain yogart on the tip of a spoon may help Payton digest her milk better. I got this suggestion at a BYU Education Week class years ago. It cannot hurt and worth a try. Being on antibiatics kills all the natural digestive bacteria in the intestines. I hope you are feeling better now. You will be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how much these two look alike! Very cute. Can't wait to see you guys in less than a month! Wahoo!

    By the way, the yogurt idea makes total sense. I hope that works for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Britt! Congrats on your new baby girl!!! What a story I must say, but I'm glad you made it through! Come check out our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Hey! I just got signed up for the blog! Yeah I'm going to get a cell phone this afternoon too! This modern world is so awesome!
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful family! So I am curious, how much harder is it with two kids? I love the pic of Ellie trying on your shoes that is priceless. What does she think of Peyton?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I just read your last post and that sounds like a horrible and long ordeal you had to go through. I can't even imagine having to deal with recovery from my c-section with only ibuprofen! As far as the colic goes, I can totally empathize with you. Brig was really colicky (I won't tell you how long so that it doesn't dishearten you) and it was REALLY hard. If you ever need someone to vent to, please let me know. It seems like all of my friends had these perfectly calm and happy babies and that mine was the only fussy one so I felt like I didn't have anybody that could really relate to what I was going through. Good luck and thank goodness Peyton is a good sleeper.

    ReplyDelete