Friday, February 27, 2009

U.S. Citizen

We were finally able to get Peyton's German birth certificate in our hands and went this week to apply for her U.S. Passport and Social Security card!!! She will now officially be an American citizen. :) Peyton has been a bit better in the colic department, but still much room for improvement...

Ellie is her usual hilarious self. The other day she found a tape measure and told me she wanted to measure me. She measured from my elbow to wrist, studied it super hard then looked at me very matter-of-factly and announced, "Forty pounds o'clock!" LOL... Every measurement term she could think of, just not the right ones. :) I love that little girl.

Ellie also got a new shirt today, a shooting shirt with "Jacobsen" and Casey's number on it. She, of course, insisted on wearing it to school and tells everyone who will listen that, "Daddy's number FOUR!", while putting up four fingers. She played basketball all afternoon with her jersey and Nike shox on:

4 comments:

  1. Hahahahah oh Ellie! That is the cutest thing. What a funny girl. I miss you guys! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt- I LOVE when you update your blog! Your Ellie and my Ellie would be such pals. That story of her measuring you was absolutely adorable. I read it out loud to Joe...we had to giggle together. Such a bummer to hear that Peyton is a fussy one with a bad belly...that was our Charlie to a T, too! Gosh, I wish we could do this motherhood thing together. Miss you like mad. Keep the baby updates coming...they make me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and Britt, thank you so much for the Facebook message about your Ellie's potty training. Phew! My theory is that our girls are just too bright. They know what they want when they want it, and they know what we're trying to fool them into doing, and they're just not buying into it. Plus, with new babies in the house, they probably don't mind staying a "baby," themselves, in at least one way. xo

    ReplyDelete